a Pentina having a theme of war ~ 5 verses of 5 lines each, with an envoi of 2 lines, for a total of 27 lines. A set pattern of the repeated end words or teleutons works as follows: Verse 1: a b c d e, Verse 2: e a d b c, Verse 3: c e b a d, Verse 4: d c a e b, Verse 5: b d e c a, Envoi: ab/cde or abc/de
silence starts a war
neither of us wants to be
the one to speak first
lest we lose to the other
our lacerated heart
once upon a heart
a different kind of war
was fought like no other
until we came to be
you and me,.... first
Hesitatingly at first
with an armoured heart
but longing to be
safe, without war
with only each other
Now the self and the other
not knowing which comes first
silently wages a war
locked inside one heart
where no words nor worlds can be
Breach the war of silence; be the first
Reach out to heal...your other heart
Mindfills For A different perspective’s August scavenger hunt ~ 13 forms of poetry (micro and macro)
1. Write a Zappai using the theme of drunkenness.
2. Write a Kimo on the subject of jealousy.
3. Write a Lune about birth The zappai, kimo and lune are here … https://mindfills.wordpress.com/2021/08/06/micropoetry-zappai-kimo-lune/ 4. Write a Hay(na)ku about hate. https://mindfills.wordpress.com/2021/08/07/micropoetry-a-haynaku/
5. Write a Naani about time. https://mindfills.wordpress.com/2021/08/07/a-mulled-moment-a-naani/
6. Write an Oddquain about poverty. https://mindfills.wordpress.com/2021/08/08/wealth-an-oddquain/
7. Write a Tritina with a touch of whimsy or nonsense. https://mindfills.wordpress.com/2021/08/09/green-stop-sign-a-tritina/ https://mindfills.wordpress.com/2021/08/09/green-stop-sign-a-tritina/
8. Write a Pentina having a theme of war.
9. Write a Sestina having a theme of exploration.
10. Write an Octina with a theme of revenge.
11. Write a Harrisham Rhyme poem on the topic of forgiveness.
12. Write an Abecedarian poem about the path to self discovery.
13. Write a Blitz Poem about death.