a Tritina – on whimsy/nonsense – 3 triplets , using an end word order 1-2-3,3-1-2,2-3-1, + 1 end line using end words in the order 1-2-3. Similar syllable count in each line
The red wine bottle glinted green
I pulled out with a pop, the cork stop
I knew from the stars, it was a holy sign
The bartender slyly gave me to sign
the bill; I paid too much green
But by then,I really couldn't stop
Red shot up my veins, made my heart stop
Last I read was the ambulance sign
Blue lights wailed, and I went green
Green scrubs sent me off, to my final stop ~ an RIP sign
End of Summer Scavenger Hunt prompts:
1. Write a Zappai using the theme of drunkenness.
2. Write a Kimo on the subject of jealousy.
3. Write a Lune about birth The zappai, kimo and lune are here … https://mindfills.wordpress.com/2021/08/06/micropoetry-zappai-kimo-lune/ 4. Write a Hay(na)ku about hate. https://mindfills.wordpress.com/2021/08/07/micropoetry-a-haynaku/
5. Write a Naani about time. https://mindfills.wordpress.com/2021/08/07/a-mulled-moment-a-naani/
6. Write an Oddquain about poverty. https://mindfills.wordpress.com/2021/08/08/wealth-an-oddquain/
7. Write a Tritina with a touch of whimsy or nonsense.
8. Write a Pentina having a theme of war.
9. Write a Sestina having a theme of exploration.
10. Write an Octina with a theme of revenge.
11. Write a Harrisham Rhyme poem on the topic of forgiveness.
12. Write an Abecedarian poem about the path to self discovery.
13. Write a Blitz Poem about death.